View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 03:13 PM

Liked 28,618 Times in 5,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flop-shank View Post
It irritates me most when they try to encourage others to take the easy road, that's when I'm no longer silent. If they ask me I'll always tell them I'm glad that they carry and it's their butt, however they're deluding themselves. A P32 with no BUG and no reload is a formula to get killed IMO.

There was a new poster in the CCW forum ( aretired cop) a few weeks ago that got caught in an armed robbery with his family on the floor of a restaraunt around him, including his two year old grandson, and his only weapon was a .22. He vowed never to be in that position again.
Flop-shank,
Great point...

So, when working I’m always armed with a defensive sidearm. Something in .45 and a bug that uses like ammo & magazines. Also, a long gun of some sort (preferably a rifle) with a few extra cartridges (a hundred or two).

At home or on the ranch it’ll be a heavy revolver and a rifle of convenience in the truck or saddle scabbard.

For Sundays socials or BBQs, and family outtings a suitable caliber (read something that starts with a .4x and not short & weak) to put a stopping on most unseen problem critters that could pop-up, be it man or beast.

But, that's just me talkin' here...

Su Amigo,
Dave