View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Liked 2,141 Times in 770 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkMD View Post
After the last range trip, I've been dry firing it, and I notice that on 2 of the cylinders there is a noticeable "catch" when firing double action. If you are staging the trigger, you can feel it really stop, and require some additional effort for the trigger to break. On the other 4 cylinders it is nice and smooth.

Should I bother sending this gun back to S&W again? What would I ask them to fix? I'm not expecting an action job for free, but clearly 2 of the cylinders are not the same as the others. I have other revolvers from them and they do not exhibit this problem.

I hate to say it, but so far this 625JM has been sort of a lemon.
Yes, send it back. Call for a shipping tag, explain the situation, and let them have a chance to make it right (I know, they already had a chance, but...)

It's dissappointing and frustrating to have a gun that starts to look like a shuttlecock, but once the factory has had their mitts on it, the best bet is to have them make right, and make sure they know (in a nice, non-aggressive way) that you will not accept less than that.

Good Luck, and I'm sure you'll like your JM once its squared away ;D