View Single Post

Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM

Liked 60 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
The rifle is a pain to take apart too.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You will probably die from old age, before you get it put back together. Ask me how I know.

I will admit that the design of the BL-22 is somewhat less than straightforward when it comes to disassembly and assembly, but armed with a set of disassembly and assembly instructions (NOT an exploded diagram, mind) the BL-22 is way more easier to work on than a Remington Nylon 66, IMO. The Gun Digest Rimfire Rifle Assembly and Disassembly book by J B Wood provides an excellent photo-illustrated how-to for takedown of a BL-22 and dozens of other 22 rifles.

I've owned two BL-22s (since sold one) and they are accurate and exceptionally reliable. I cannot recall a single FTF or FTE in either rifle, and they have certainly digested 1000s of rounds of various flavors of 22LR ammo between them. The short throw makes the rifle, IMO. You can keep your thumb on the stock wrist and flick the lever with your fingers all the while keeping the sights on the target.

My only complaint with the BL-22? The action is SO fast, the rifle empties itself almost as soon as I get the mag tube loaded!

Noah