View Single Post

Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

I knew someone who told me anyone caught rapeing in his outfit "got shot" by the "germans". Certain things werent tolerated.
My mother just had the one brother that I wrote about plus her sisters husband in. But my dad was from a huge family. Dad was the oldest of 10, also had 7 older half brothers and sisters for a head count of 17 kids! Dads youngest brother did korea. I think I had about 8 or 9 uncles in world war two counting aunts husbands. Every one of them came back alive! Also a couple of older half uncles in world war one. I even had a great uncle that was in the russian army about 1908. I know my grandmother lost family members that fought for germany in the war. One of my dads younger brothers was a MP, interpiter and sometimes drove patton. He is about 92 now still alive in wisconsin. I lost two uncles that were in, just this last year. Out of the 9 or so I just have the one uncle alive that was in. They are all almost gone now. My earliest memorys of them was when they all came home pretty close together, I think in a matter of a couple months. It was party time!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: