View Single Post

Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's good to hear about the Remington golden bullets in the M41. I've never shot those out of my M41 as I hear copper lube is less accurate.

I think I remember reading in M41's manual (can't remember) that shooting HV ammo is OK just not those hyper velocity rounds. If you have the manual handy, please confirm/deny this.

However, I don't fire HV ammo in general because I usually don't have any since I shoot .22lr mainly just in competitions, I practice w/ SV only and very specific brands (avoid needing to adjust sights too much).

My current favorite practice ammos: CCI pistol match and SK standard plus (same as Wolf target). Their POI is very similar out of the M41 (1 click at 25 yards and 1-2 clicks at 50yards). Sometimes I shoot them in matches too; at $5-8/box, it is good for practice but probably not for plinking. I have 2 M41s, and they both have the same preference for ammo.

Of the other ammos you mentioned:
My M41shoots Aguila standard pretty well, but it jams often on it (at least once per mag). Interestingly, my M41 doesn't like Aguila match pistol: not accurate and jams.

My M41 also does not like anything CCI except for CCI pistol match.