View Single Post

Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
"Down side is no manual safety unless installed by end user like I have done." Simply out of curiosity, why would anyone want a manual safety on a pistol? It's not going to fire unless you pull the trigger or fail to properly handle the pistol. And in that case, no safety will prevent accident if one is not safely handling a pistol. Sincerely. brucev.
It's not as simple as you say, but I will attempt to enlighten you.

First for my part the gun is CCW that is often carried in right front pocket where it would be easy in a emergency to accidentally have the 3.5 lb trigger snagged or pulled. The gun is also a car gun and if not being carried is in a cubby box ender front edge of the Benz and could be accidentally pulled when trying to get it out.

Also all my life I have always had 1911's or other auto's and manual safety is heavy ingrained or trained after 50 plus years and I don't really feel safe w/o the safety. If G-29 had a 10 or 12 lb long throw like my 6 revolvers it would not need the manual for a pocket gun, but it don't and I am trained to have one.

Well that about covers it and hope you have understood where I am coming from. But just remember you are human and sometimes we have lapse of training and that's why every once in a while a LEO trained on Glock will either shoot self or send a round down range by accident when stumbling or the excitement of the moment.

Any more questions?

PS: I was not offended and don't mean to offend but often do when writing. However I am sure if you're not offended someone here will be because this is a S&W forum and I am what some would say praising a Glock. I only own one Glock a G-29 and have put off several years on buying the G-20 waiting for a M&P 10mm, but have about given up and thinking about buying the G-20 this spring or summer.