View Single Post

Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Liked 227 Times in 126 Posts

I would think the amount of wear on a 41 would depend on the recoil spring used -- much like on a 1911 or any other semi auto handgun. I have a herd time believing a copper washed .22 bullet will wear much on the barrel.

How heavy is the standard recoil spring in a M41? In order for my 41 to shoot CCI sv, I needed to go down to a 6# recoil spring using either the factory barrel or a Clark barrel (didn't want to drill and tap the factory barrel for a red dot for bullseye). I went back to the factory recoil spring and shot a few rounds of Remington Viper the other day, and they shot very well at 50 ft. I The heaviest Wolff recoil spring listed at Champion's Choice was a 7 1/2# spring, so I ordered one of those. Haven't tried it out, yet. My goal is to do a bit of low light preditor calling and wanted to use the red dot. I figure my longest shot would be maybe 75 feet. Longer shots I'd just use my rifle (.257 Roberts w/ 75 gr HP). I chose to try the Viper load because I have a large box on hand.