View Single Post

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by incavulator View Post
Hey guys.....new to the site. First time caller, long time listener.

I have a 15-22 "A1 comp" on order. Hoping it will be here tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

I've been doing research for weeks, mostly on this site enjoying all the pictures of all the options everyone has chosen and trying to decide how I'm going to customize mine.

I have a dumb question about red dot/reflex sights. Hopefully this is the proper place to post the question.

I've seen some guys have iron sights with red dots AND what appears to be a reflex sight mounted between the red dot and the front iron sight. So what gives? What's the purpose of this? I understand using a red dot and leaving the iron sights on for backup and/or co-witnessing, but what's with the reflex in between?

Sorry for the probable dumb question.
I have put so much **** on my rifle it is hard to remember.

You're probably referencing the Tasco 30mm red dot or the BSA 40mm red dot, along with the Sightmark Holosight.

The SightMark has a very small dot (1-2Moa), The Tasco and BSA both have large 5MOA.

The SightMark dot fades out in direct sunlight. The Tasco can be used in the brightest of sunlight. The 40mm BSA is so-so in sunlight, but with the larger 40mm tube allows me a more comfortable heads-up position for some shooting. The combinations co-witness fine.

I've slapped a carry handle on now so I have a 4x scope, Holosight, and regular sights available at any time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01845.jpg (87.9 KB, 1404 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01846.jpg (75.9 KB, 861 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01855.jpg (95.3 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02308.jpg (99.3 KB, 821 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02315.jpg (92.4 KB, 954 views)