View Single Post

Old 02-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallel View Post
I have been in the market for a cargo trailer and have been doing my homework. I had found a 7' x 16' Tandem Axle, with Electric Brakes On Both Axles, V Nose, Double Doors,30' Side Door, 2 5/16 Hitch and 2 Interior Lights for $3,000 (great deal). Well, I ended up getting one that my wife wanted. Well... its not so much that SHE wanted it, but if I were to get one it had to "match". So here it is, the same 7'x16' TransHaul as above only in black (the color cost me an extra $150.00) So I got it for $3,150.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'll bet the final drive in that path finder is less or higher than 3:5 and with the "tow/haul" buttton engaged she'll never kick out of 3rd gear. Keep her full of good oil and coolant. Might want to stop every other gas station just to top off as well.

I didn't know they made a 2 5/16th inch hitch in metric. ;-)

I'm not knocking your choice of vehicles or trailers....just the combination. Even with the tandem brakes it's gonna be a fairly dangerous pull. Especially around semis or gusty cross winds. Good luck and let us know how it pulls and what your mileage is.

:-)
SC