View Single Post

Old 02-16-2010, 09:12 AM

Liked 385 Times in 222 Posts

I bought my 940 with 30 moonclips from Cabela's for $299 about a year ago. I wasn't looking for one and just happened to see it. Mine is a Dash Nothing. The only ammo that will not readily extract is that which is loaded with inferior, soft brass or some of the +P and +P+ stuff that is loaded with too fast a powder. All standard pressure ammo from all reputable American manufacturers extracts just fine. Through careful handloading I can get 124 gr. cast bullets going to a verified 1230 FPS with easy extraction, which is not bad from a 2" barrel. Mine also has a very smooth action which fires any and all primers. As far as 2" barrel J Frames go, it's probably the heaviest that was ever made and many shooters don't like that. I do not mind it at all. Mine is very easy to shoot, even with the heaviest loads. It is also one of the most accurate handguns I have ever shot, producing offhand groups at 25 yards that are smaller than most service grade revolvers and autos I have tried. All considered, this revolver is best purchase I ever made.

Dave Sinko