View Single Post

Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Thanks, S&W Customer Service!

Earlier this year I had to send my 637 snubby back to S&W for repair. The firing pin simply stopped striking primers in midload. They diagnosed it as a failed firing pin bushing and replaced the entire frame -- serial number and all, with all that entailed. Sigh.

Two days ago, I fired twenty rounds of DEWC range loads from that handgun without incident. Then, after cleaning it, I found I could not get the cylinder back into the frame. I called S&W today, expecting to send my 637 back for more repairs. The technician explained that there probably was a grain of powder or something under the extractor, which would cause this to happen. He asked if I had the revolver with me. I did. He then asked if I had a can of air handy. As it happened I did. He told me to shove the extractor handle in and blow out the inner face of the extractor and its recepticle. I did that. And it solved my problem completely. The whole episode took about five minutes. Excellent service. And I have learned how to fix a problem I had never faced before.

Cordially, Jack