View Single Post

Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM
US Veteran

Liked 394 Times in 129 Posts
Default Need help from the experts here, can I shoot 9mm Para in a 9x21 barrel ?

Hi, Looking for an answer and don't know who or where to ask. I bought a Tanfoglio TZ 75 Series 88, an almost direct clone of a CZ 75. It came with both a regular 9mm barrel, and also a longer threaded barrel with compensator. The copmenesator barrel says 9mm Para, but right underneath that stamping is a 9 x 21 stamping. This gun was formerly used in IPSC competition I believe, or back when it was fashionable to hand load 9 x 21 ammo. I also have read that both rounds are nearly identical in length, with I believe the 21 case a little longer but the bullet length a little shorter, that way they are comparable in length. I dropped a 9mm Para round into the barrel chamber and it appears to fit just fine. So my question is, can I shoot the Para rounds in this barrel without any concerns ? I probably won't use it too much, but I'd really like to mess around with it a little bit. Please help me if you can, and thanks in advance, I'll post a picture or two of the old girl too, Shoo
The CZ 75BD and it's Italian cousin, CZ on top:

The old girl with comp barrel:

Last edited by shooboy; 02-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: