View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 09:45 PM

Liked 214 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
When SIGMA was first introduced, there were some issues, as there are with any new model. "Gun show experts" and "Gun shop warriors" for the most part haven't a clue, they repeat what they heard because they do no research on their own, they neither read books nor subscribe to gun magazines. They are not to be trusted.

The SIGMA works, the molds and tooling are paid for, and it is an excellent firearm (assuming you like a semi-auto that was designed to have the trigger action of a double action revolver in DA mode for each shot - this the SIGMA does quite well).

As long as you do not fool yourself by trying to make it into something it is not (short, light trigger or match accuracy), you will be happy.

Good choice. Be sure to buy a dozen or so magazines while you can! And get a spare pistol, as Col. Evan Quiros did with his Model 29, just in case the first one breaks, as fixing it is as quick as a next day air road trip to the factory, on their dime, parts replacement, and return back by second day air.

Congratulations on an excellent purchase.

Exactly, that is why I bought my Sigma. I am used to a double action trigger like my revolvers. The Sigma is the best choice for me. I don't like hair triggers. I would rather have a longer more controlled trigger than a trigger that if I hipcup the gun goes off. It boils down to what people are use to and like.
Regards,
roaddog28