View Single Post

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glock lost me as a customer many years ago when a friend of mine happened to purchase one after all the hype about being able to slip them through airport metal detectors. My Friend bought a Glock 17 when they first came out and a short time later he bought a couple of the mag extenders for it. First day on the range with his modified mags and < 3 shots down range, his mag floor plate, spring, follower and the rest of his ammo were on the ground. After spending 20 minutes trying to find all the pieces (twice), I swore I would never own a Glock.

Now I am aware Glock wised up and started metal lining their mags to prevent them from flying apart like that but the fact that they are still plastic where the floor plate mounts is enough to keep me away from them.

The other reason I won’t own one is due to the way the slide is retained, which is a problem with the Sigma as well for me. If someone grabs your slide and gets a good grip on it, they can take your gun apart before you know it. Give me the old metal frame with the removable takedown pin and you can keep the spring lock. The bad guys won’t be taking mine apart if they happen to get that close.