Thread: Sigma FAQ
View Single Post

Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 AM

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Here's my experience...

I bought a used 1st generation SW40 for about $200. A couple of months later I had a case head separation on the range. The ejector was blown off, the slide retention lever was sheared in two, the slide was jammed partially open, half of the shell casing was stuck in the chamber, and the mag was blown out onto the ground. Later, I discovered the bullet lodged in the barrel. I contacted S&W about getting it repaired and they sent me a a prepaid shipping label. I sent tham the gun and about 10 days later I got the gun back. It had been repaired and test fired; cost=$00.00. But as I gave the gun a careful inspection, I noticed a crack in the frame that wrapped up around the trigger guard. So I called S&W and told them what I had found. They sent me a new prepaid shipping label and I returned the gun to them. A few days later I got a call from the service department and was told that the gun was not repairable. So, they offered me the choice of a new 2nd generation SW40VE or credit toward another gun. I took the new SW40VE and got to take advantage of a promotion to get a free range bag.

I still have that Sigma. I used it in IDPA competition for a while with good results. The trigger has smoothed out AND I have gotten used to it. Above all, it is reliable. If only it had a standard sized equipment rail!

BTW, Crimson Trace has a new product coming out shortly for the Sigma. It is a really cool looking laser that fits into the shape of the Sigma's frame, just ahead of the trigger guard. And no, it doesn't use the Sigma's rail. Check it out at S&W Sigma Laserguard Coming Soon | Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Dan

Last edited by dazlin; 03-07-2010 at 07:07 AM.