Thread: Sigma FAQ
View Single Post

Old 03-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

thanks for sharing thst dazlin. about when did that take place?

also, heres a little info that may clear up the warranty questions between one year (as referenced in Sigma manual on page 27) and lifetime. I posted this in another thread but hopefully it will help here.

I purchased a Sigma 9VE on 2/27/10 and found that the instruction manual, page 27, states that there is a limited warranty, not a lifetime warranty. I then checked Smith-Wesson.com and found that it states there is a lifetime warranty. So, I emailed S&W and asked for clarification. Below is the email I sent to S&W, and the response I received from S&W.

Quote:
RE: Warranty clarification‏
Sent: Tue 3/02/10 2:50 PM
To: *********

It is a lifetime warranty.

PG

Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:18 PM
To: Smith & Wesson Support
Subject: Warranty clarification

Hello,

On Feb 27, 2010, I purchased my first Smith & Wesson handgun, a Sigma 9VE. When I purchased the gun the dealer told me that the gun has a lifetime warranty. However, upon reading the manual included with the gun, page 27 states that:

Smith & Wesson firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any such defects of which Smith & Wesson receives written notice within one year from the date of purchase by the original owner , will be remedied by Smith & Wesson without charge within a reasonable time after such notification and delivery of the firearm is provided below. (Delivery instructions are listed after this paragraph)

When I checked Smith-Wesson.com for clarification, I found this:

Warranty Information
The Smith & Wesson Advantage™ In addition to providing some of the highest quality products available today, Smith & Wesson is committed to providing our customers with support and services second to none. When you purchase a Smith & Wesson handgun, you receive the Smith & Wesson Advantage™, comprised of four service features:

1. Lifetime Service Policy
We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

Can you please clarify what type of warranty is included with my purchase of the Smith & Wesson 9VE?

Thank you