Thread: Sigma FAQ
View Single Post

Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Liked 52 Times in 8 Posts

I would like to have the choice of opting out of a lifetime warranty and paying less for the product. You do know you are paying for your warranty and others. That's how a world of no personnel responsibly works.

I recently had a extractor fail in my Sigma. S&W was more than willing to pay for the shipping replacement and so on.

So lets look at this for a sec. The part cost me with shipping from NUMRICH a whopping $14.00. Had the part in a week, pistol back in service in 7 days from the failure.

If I had let S&W fix it and use my warranty. That would have cost you and I what, near $100 bucks. Shipping $80.00 both ways. Part a $1.00, Labor to install the part and check weapon $10.00 maybe. Support by phone/email, record keeping, tracking and handling of firearm $4.00 to $8.00. Even if it's only $60.00 to $80.00 total, Somebody would have had to pay for it. You can bet it's not S&W. That leaves the distributor, retailer and you and I.

Now if S&W would have dropped a extractor or two in the mail to me. That would have cost you and I more than likely $10.00 or under. BUT the marketing dept. would look like a bunch of baffons and the lawyers would have been slamming the Scotch down and biting there nails given the current climate of no personnel responsibly.

Did I mention a fragment of the extractor some how ended up in one of my fingers! I bled, I had to pull it out! OOOOO the trama! Maybe I should have contacted a lawyer to make the current circle complete by todays standards. LMFAO!!!!

Be Good