View Single Post

Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Liked 231 Times in 119 Posts
Thumbs up .357 N frame!!

You guys have some gorgeous .357's , congrats to everyone of you and thanks for sharing. Really fantastic revolvers.

Funny, I remember being told back in the 1980's that the N fame is much too big for the 357 cartridge.... I'm glad I finally woke up, but boy it took me way too long..... With the right grips and that famous action, S&W's .357 N frames really are special, no wonder the "old timers" really liked them back in the day.

First, here is an old family .357 Magnum that I am very grateful to have inherited. No box or whatnot, just the gun, and the original grips and Tyler T are in the safe. I believe these (old school, refinished cherrywood) Fitz grips will stay on this revolver. The design of these grips is from the right time frame - and as a bonus they do wonders for the recoil and accuracy. Serial number is S103XXX. I wish I had some hardcast Skeeter or Keith loads ready for this, but (the reduced power) Winchester Silvertips are my carry load anyway. This .357 definitely will keep a smile on my face.

And here is an eight shooter .357 Magnum, it cost less than a popular 1911 I was looking at, and this piece was simply much too good to pass up. I hope to eventually add a good gold bead up front on this.

I'd like more of the 3 1/2"ers, but this is more than I had back in the 1980's.....

Last edited by Poohgyrr; 03-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: