View Single Post

Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcky View Post
Well, I'm not sure who is in such a sad state of affairs, but this is pretty much BS and, for me, it reflects poorly on S&W. So much so that I've changed my mind about purchasing an M&P. I hate it, because I really thought I wanted one.

I've always hated rebates and usually avoid them like the plague, but went with this one, because I really thought S&W was a reputable company. Well, IMHO, reputable companies don't hire fly by night companies like this bogus rebate processor to handle their business. Furthermore, I can guarantee you that this rebate company is as worthless as tits on a boar.

I bought my Sigma on Jan 4th and mailed my rebate on Jan 5th. Around the end of Feb, I called the company and they said they couldn't find it. Not what I wanted to hear, but before I could go to the trouble to resubmit it, it mysteriously showed up on their rinky dink website and amazingly was posted on Jan 31st. Well, here it is March 10th and it appears to be just sitting there with no activity at all. Certainly doesn't say it's been shipped.

Although I assume someone will eventually get around to mailing it, I'll never deal with a S&W rebate again. Simply not worth all the BS. I like the gun, but if I ever buy another S&W, it'll most likely be used. I hope my disgust doesn't rub off on other S&W fans, but I suspect I'm not alone. I'm not sure who's more bogus here, S&W or their rebate agent, but they really should look into this. It's certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

8 to10 weeks my eye, try 13 or 14+.

I couldn't agree with you more, I sent my form in the 28th of December. I thought well with the holidays and such it should be in before the end of February. Well it is now the 11th of March and I have yet to see anything. I call and they said that is has been processed I looked online and sure enough on the 15th of January it was but no ship date or anything poor business practice on their part. I was also thinking of an M&P but my mind is now made up I am going with a Glock.