View Single Post

Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,702 Times in 2,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
They appear to just be customized factory target "diamond" grips.
The left panel has been cut down to facilitate a speedloader and both have been shortened. What is interesting to me is the wide groove at the bottom of each one. It looks like the person may have liked to shoot with his little finger under the butt, like a lot of SAA shooters do.

I had seen that done to some other grips but don't remember where I saw them.
Concur. Interesting that the little finger knuckle cut-outs are on both sides. Whoever did this was setting himself up for ambidextrous shooting with a single gun.

But why cut them down? Seems like this might have been an effort to create stocks that implemented the profile a T-grip adapter in unified wood stocks for a service gun. Combat Masterpiece or Combat Magnum? M&P with a short barrel?

Yes, ugly. But clearly the work of someone who knew what he was doing and took the time to make it happen.

Note too that apart from the knuckle grooves on the bottom, the edges have been slightly rounded. It's not a complete PC treatment, but it's softer than than the standard bottom edge on the contemporary magnas and targets.