View Single Post

Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM

Liked 832 Times in 293 Posts

I don't know that much about current production PPK's, I'll admit. I have a stainless Interarms PPK that I got around 12-14 years ago in a straight up trade for a Colt Officers ACP stainless. I probably would not make that trade today, but then it was close to even. And, I wanted a stainless PPK badly because it looked like it was hewn from a solid chunk of stainless.

I carry it frequently even though I have a 442 or a 3" 36 because I like the flatness of it. I also have a comfortable and very slick Bianchi suede horizontal shoulder rig that lets the Walther seemingly jump right into my hand. An IWB holster is also very convenient and it makes a nice BUG to whatever my primary is (G23 usually). A few times I have had 2 BUG with me and the PPK is one of them. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The only thing I should do is swap in a spring kit, the action is heavy. I never had a feeding or function problem with a variety of HP rounds. Once I gave it a bath in an ultrasonic cleaner we had at work and it took all of the paint out of the sights and safety selector position dot (red off safe) and I had to repaint those. No more sound waves to clean this gun! A buddy of mine with big mitts had a problem with slide bite when he shot it, but with my medium sized hands I never had that problem.

My son has a Kel-tech .380 that is certainly smaller. Just for pure shooting, I'd rather shoot the PPK. But that Kel-Tech would make a nice BUG to the other two BUGs!