Thread: CCW Reciprocity
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Liked 3,499 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Still not beating a dead horse, but the link here:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
says Iowa honors MO but Mo does not honor Iowa.

I read the MO laws on concealed carry and it plainly shows they do not honor Iowa permits.

As to asking the AG, it is likely you only spoke with an Assistant AG and they are unlikely to even look things up but just give a blanket answer.
I certainly respect your opinion as an LEO, but Iowacarry is very thorough in their research about reciprocity. I won't argue the fact that sometimes legal counsel may give off the cuff advice, I'm sure you speak from experience on that matter ,but that still leaves the Missouri Highway patrol, who also confirms the fact that Missouri honors Iowa's carry permits. The Missouri CCW laws are fairly new, I believe, and these facts may not yet be reflected in this matter.
I suspect that is why the St. Louis PD and that counties Sheriffs Dept. initially advised they don't honor Iowa permits. Local Depts. are probably not always up to speed on these issues as soon as State agencies. I'm just speculating, and once again do not wish to disrespect any agencies mentioned, or anyone on here who may not agree with my findings. I am merely reporting on what I have found. I am a licensed Private Investigator, so I have some experience in finding information. I guess it boils down to two local depts. who, when presented with my findings, referred me elsewhere, against the Missouri Attorney Generals Office and the Missouri Highway Patrol both confirming the fact that Missouri does honor Iowa permits,in addition to Iowacarry.
I certainly don't want to offend anyone on this forum, but these are my findings, and I am satisfied that although Iowa does not yet honor any other states permits, (stay tuned, that should change soon), several states honor Iowa's, including Missouri.