View Single Post

Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 AM

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I had problems with both HKS and Safariland speedloaders. With the HKS loaders I was trying to insert the rounds all the way into the cylinder until the speedloader was touching the cylinder. The rounds would then hang up and not drop into the cylinder without some additional help. The best method I found was to hold the cylinder in my left hand with the gun at a slight angle so the barrel is pointing towards my left foot. Turn the cylinder so two empty chambers are on the outside (away from the gun). Hold the speedloader at a slight angle so that the speedloader is not touching the grip. Insert bullets into the two outside chambers and then the other bullets will line up with the other three chambers. Only insert the bullets of the rounds into the cylinder (not the entire round) and don't let the speedloader touch the grip. Turn the HKS knob and let go of the speedloader. The rounds will fall freely into the cylinder and the speedloader falls on the floor. With a little practice it works every time. I hope I was able to explain the details well enough. Good luck.

Last edited by Martex; 04-09-2010 at 01:32 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: