View Single Post

Old 04-10-2010, 06:49 AM

Liked 1,872 Times in 582 Posts

Three pit bull stories. My daughter is a personal liability attorney and recently has started taking some pit bull bite cases pro bono ( hope that term doesn't elicit anxiety attacks from attorneys here ). She is doing it because it bothers her that in most of the cases she has seen the dog owners don't have insurance and basically don't give a rip if their dogs hurt innocent folks. She is going after garnishing their wages if they have any findable income. The second story is from my defensive carbine teacher who is often the point man and is the first through the door with the SWAT team for a big city PD. He said that he has had to shoot a number of pit bulls that charged him as he is making entry. The ones that get his heart pumping are the dogs that skid to a stop at his feet after absorbing multiple .223 rounds. And finally, last week our local PD had to shoot a pit bull after making entry to a meth house. I was amazed to read the comments on our local newspaper web site criticizing the police for shooting the dog even though the dog had already bit one cop in the hand before a second officer was able to shoot the dog.