View Single Post

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Made it to 15k rounds +/- before having an OOB with the 15-22 today. I gave it a quick look over... looked fine... popped another 5rds... works fine. Will clean it up and go for another 15k rounds.

The OOB occurred during slow firing while sighting in new optic. Classic case of the round not fully chambering, bolt not closed yet the trigger still able to drop the hammer, engage the firing pin and ignite the round.
Phil, I just now caught up on my reading here on the forum, and saw that you had an OOB. I hope nothing wasn't damaged. This is a good chance for me to learn something...IF you have not yet cleaned the rifle since the OOB, could you break the rifle down and see how easily or how hard a cartridge goes into the chamber? I'm real curious to see, of course the fly in the buttermilk is that maybe the OOB possibly cleaned the chamber. Anyway, it's worth a shot-no pun intended.

Quick off topic side road...I used to live in Tennessee and Chattanooga was the branch office, I was up in middle tenn, so I only got to the office when they made me come in. I'm curious as to whether you ever drove the "W road"? If you have then enough said, and is it still as bad as ever?