View Single Post

Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 AM

Liked 72 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
Backon4, I'm considering both of these guns. I was leaning toward the m&p compact because of size. Your comment that the sigma is only a little bigger has me re-thinking. I could save $200 by getting the sigma. This will be a general purpose all around gun. Home defense, occasional carry, range. Since you have both in the real world what would you recommend? Its hard to hold both in a store and really judge. Also the m&p will have a 10lb trigger because of where I live, so no advantage their. I also can't have magazine's with more than 10 rounds; so this would be the same round count for each gun, so again, no advantage to either gun. Thanks in advance.

There are 2 real differences other than the obvious design differences. 1 is the size. Yes the compact is smaller but only by about a quarter inch in length and height. 2. Changeable back straps.
Granted my 40V is an older model and I'm not sure if the dimensions have changed any but, with the pinky extension on the 40c the difference in height is minimal (the thickness of the magazine base plate)
If the triggers will be nearly the same then I would save the money and buy the Sigma. The only reason I bought the compact M&P versus the full size was the beaver tail on the full size which I have heard many people say is uncomfortable for concealed carry. Also the M&P 40c is very snappy yet still manageable. However the sigma is an excellent shooter out of the box. The only complaint with the sigma has always been the long gritty trigger pull. However a pack of snap caps and a few hundred dry fires will alleviate the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.