View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 AM

Liked 3,889 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
I have S&W 640-1 357 2 1/8 barrel [i think]. I need to get some good home defense ammo for it. I live in the country, no houses next door, and no children in the house.
I don't want just to wound the BG, I want to kill the *** if he breaks into my house.
I know that sounds cold, But that is just the way it is, I will defend my wife and home.
I also have a pre 27 357, 5inch barrel that needs loading up too.

crappie cowboy
You never shoot to kill, you shot to "stop" someone from doing whatever it was they were doing when that level of force is allowed under your local laws. If they happen to die, eh... but you shot to stop. Get used to saying that and repeat it often.

Speer Gold Dot short barrels loads in either .38 +P or Magnum flavor for the snub. Depends on your proficiency and recoil tolerance. Remington 125 gr SJHP for the 27.

And get an M4 carbine, Sig 556, shotgun or what not. Either a good 5.56mm JHP or a load of buckshot is better at "stopping" in the manner you're interested in. Something like 83 percent of handgun wounds are not fatal whereas the sound majority of centerfire rifle and shotgun wounds are.

And get some hearing protection too. Firing magnum rounds, or rifle rounds, indoors is hard on the hearing. Particularly magnums from a snub.