View Single Post

Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default What to choose? (M29 Classic DX vs. tricked out 629 Classic)

I am looking to buy an N-frame revolver, but the market seems to be drying up. Totally impossible to find what I want in Finland now (6.5" 629 Classic). Moving my search out to other countries I have found in Germany two possible options so far:

-S&W 629 Classic Champion 6.5" 899 euros. This gun is not a factory model but made by a german company called Wischo, it has a partridge front sight, millet rear sight, unlfuted cylinder, and nill grips. It is new according to the dealer. Finish is glass bead blasted.

-S&W 29-5 Classic DX 6.5" 480 euros. This one is used but the dealer claims it's "neuwertig" or "as new". It's blued and polished as I understand and I think it has wooden grips, the dealer said he would send pictures tomorrow or on monday.

I think I am the moment leaning to the 629 for reasons of it being new and while the grips are a useless to me target model you can only use with one hand, I can probably sell those for a profit. I am ofcourse open to all suggestions, the 29 looks a lot nicer to my eyes and it is cheaper too, and it is a DX.

Here's what the 629 is supposed to look like:

Last edited by HDS; 04-30-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Better title
The Following User Likes This Post: