View Single Post

Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,688 Times in 5,864 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by firearmsunlimited View Post
Clearly you shouldn't dis another poster's opinion when you obviously have no conception or understanding of how certain internal and external stimuli impact the yield of something. To make the statement that: "your analysis has nothing to do with S&W" is ridiculous. If S&W uses barrels on the firearms everything in my analysis is completely applicable. Possibly you are under the convoluted impression that there is some significant difference between rifle and pistol barrels that makes pistol barrels exempt from the normal stimuli effects that impact accuracy.

Further more you should be a little more careful about misleading statements like "not sleeved - tensioned." Here is a quote from your beloved Volquartsen barrel company, who buy the way, only specializes in .22 rim fire barrels:

"The carbon fiber or aluminum sleeve is “tensioned” on the barrel to provide a very rigid, accurate, lightweight barrel. This is the ultimate lightweight barrel in terms of accuracy and functioning." I believe that they used the word "SLEEVE" didn't they?

Of the major barrel makers who are renowned for accuracy, namely: Kreiger, Shilen, Hart, Lilja, Douglas, BarSto and PacNor be advised that NONE of them produce SLEEVED barrels. Maybe you could send them your dissertation on the virtues of barrel SLEEVES that are tensioned to the barrel and they will modify their thinking about how accuracy barrels should be manufactured.
WOW. I have seen nerves get touched on unenlightened folks in the past, but I have never seen anyone blow up like you have. Where does all this anger come from?

I am glad that your brief reading of my posts during your short tenure on this fine forum has told you everything about my conceptions and understandings of stimuli. Or do you always resort to insults as your first tactic when you are on the wrong end of a intellectual conversation?

The quote "your beloved Volquartsen barrel company" is another stretch of your imagination. How have you ascertained how I feel about Volquartsen?

You actually went looking for a single word from Volquartsen that you could quote out of context in order to prove your point? You must have lots more free time on your hands than most working people.

Just because a barrel assembly contains a sleeve among it's parts list does not make it a sleeved barrel. Sleeved and tensioned barrels are different concepts.

Other forum members have already posted trying to explain to you the differences between traditional sleeved barrels and traditional tensioned barrels. We will see if you choose to open your eyes and learn a new fact or just remain stubborn and in the dark.