View Single Post

Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM

Liked 128 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
WOW. I have seen nerves get touched on unenlightened folks in the past, but I have never seen anyone blow up like you have. Where does all this anger come from?

I am glad that your brief reading of my posts during your short tenure on this fine forum has told you everything about my conceptions and understandings of stimuli. Or do you always resort to insults as your first tactic when you are on the wrong end of a intellectual conversation?

The quote "your beloved Volquartsen barrel company" is another stretch of your imagination. How have you ascertained how I feel about Volquartsen?

You actually went looking for a single word from Volquartsen that you could quote out of context in order to prove your point? You must have lots more free time on your hands than most working people.

Just because a barrel assembly contains a sleeve among it's parts list does not make it a sleeved barrel. Sleeved and tensioned barrels are different concepts.

Other forum members have already posted trying to explain to you the differences between traditional sleeved barrels and traditional tensioned barrels. We will see if you choose to open your eyes and learn a new fact or just remain stubborn and in the dark.
Well Pal, let's start with your first snipe at my initial post. You made the comment:
"The problem with your analysis is that it has nothing to do with S&W. S&W does not use sleeved barrels, they use tensioned barrels.
Precision rifle makers like Volquartsen and others have proven the performance advantages of tensioned barrels time and again over the last several decades." Unquestionably this indicates that you do not understand or have any conception of what transpires in a barrel during ignition and throughout the complete process during the bullet's travel until it exits ie: stimuli. The theoretical effects are the same be it a hand gun barrel or rifle barrel. So, my analysis did have something to do with S&W barrels and in fact all barrels. In your second sentence you choose to throw out the manufacture name Volquartsen. Was that because of your unfamiliarity with any of the manufacturers that actually chamber barrels for something other than .22 rim fire? Clearly it was the only manufacture that you could mention to attempt to support your opinion on tensioning attachments and accuracy because as I previously stated many of the precision barrel makers have experimented with sleeved and/or tensioned barrels and found the concept to produce unacceptable accuracy results and accomplished nothing other than weight reduction. You also said "Volquartsen and others have proven the performance advantages of tensioned barrels time and again over the last several decades." Just exactly who are those "others?"

Concerning your comment that: "do you always resort to insults as your first tactic when you are on the wrong end of a intellectual conversation?" Let me remind you that you were the first to insult my post. It was not the other way around. If you don't like the response after posting your feeble little comments may be you should limit your commentary on the posts made by others. As it relates to being on the "wrong end of a intellectual conversation," I would submit that I have not seen anything intellectual posted by you in this thread.

In conclusion, it boggles the mind that you can not comprehend the fact that if a barrel is comprised of (1) a tube and (2) a sleeve, it is a sleeved barrel. It does not matter if the connections and attachments are made by epoxy, friction fit or bubble gum as it is still and always will be considered a sleeved barrel. Tensioning is the attachment method to secure part (1) and part (2) together. You may want to read the description of manufacturing and barrel assembly posted in the Volquartsen web site. Remember, the manufacturer that you used in an effort to support your initial pragmatic statements.

Hey, there is no anger here Pal. I truly hope that you enjoy your sleeved/tensioned barrel gun. And by the way, have a wonderful day!
The Following User Likes This Post: