View Single Post

Old 05-03-2010, 04:42 PM

Liked 787 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Glock is the weapon of choice and mandate by more LEO's at the local, state and Federal level than Smith & Wesson could ever dream of. They did not inherit that selection, they earned it. They earned it by out-performing virutally any and every weapons manufacturer on the face of the planet.
I agree that we need to above bashing any gun, even Glock.

But as a certified Glock Armorer, certified Glock Firearms Instructor and head of firearms purchasing for a LE agency I can tell you that Glock dominates the LE community because of relentless marketing and extremely low prices. Very very few agencies select Glock firearms because of their reputation or performance. Most civilian consumers presume that LE agencies buy the best of what's available. So if their local PD issues a Glock, they will run buy a Glock. Prop people see this and they start using more Glocks on television and movies, more people run out and buy Glocks. I am not saying Glock's are junk, they do go bang and perform just like they're supposed to. But Glock's law enforcement and civilian market share is because of marketing.