View Single Post

Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,720 Times in 2,632 Posts

I think that is either a special order gun or a standard gun that was later refinished and modified. Note that it has a six inch barrel but a ramp front sight; the standard K-22 Masterpiece front sight is a patridge blade, but this has the front sight that was standard on the four-inch combat masterpiece version. So it is either a special order gun from the get-go, which might explain the high-polish finish and the butt swivel, or it was refinished, at which time the swivel was added and the front sight swapped out. Is there a star next to the serial number on the butt? Is there a date code under the stocks (like 10.65 for October 1965)?

The fifth screw and the speed hammer show it is a pre-1956 gun. Can you tell us the serial number (or most of it)?

The pictures are kind of dark, and I can't see whether the gun looks refinished or not. In one photo it looks like the frame corners are a little rounded, which would point to yes, but in other photos the evidence of rebuffing is not obvious. So I can't really express a sound opinion on what happened with this revolver.

Very cool gun, in any event.