View Single Post

Old 05-09-2010, 03:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

I don't keep garbage outside. I have no birdfeeders or anything the bear might want. It strolled past up like we weren't even there, but what worries me is that whether or not we were bearfood was up to the bear, not me.

I would not want to fire at it, and I wouldn't shoot unless we were being threatened. Let some local cop come and tell me I wasn't threatened when he wasn't here to see the attack. Is he going to interview the bear? Do i have to worry about the bear or his family suing me? I am a retired police officer, and there is nothing that could be done. I have a concealed permit in PA, but open carry is legal. Just don't want my neighbors (or my neighbors scruffy looking teenager) to see me with it. Don't want to give anyone ideas.

As for the carrying of a 4 inch vs a 2.5 inch, I just know that that 1.5 inches would be the part sticking out from under my shirt.

Thanks for the comments. Always welcome to get different perspectives. Hey, would a 3" be any better than a 2.5 as far as velocity?

Last edited by kbm6893; 05-09-2010 at 05:26 PM.