View Single Post

Old 05-14-2010, 12:39 AM

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default Renaissance Wax .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberOne View Post
I don't follow. Do you wax with Ren and then follow with selvyt or the other way around? Also, which selvyt cloth are you using in combination with Ren.?
Dan - If your putting several rounds (50+-) through your handgun every outing, I'd apply a moderate to light coat of Renaissance Wax, let dry and buff w/ Selvyt's washable Pro Polishing cloth (PR). If on occasion, you're putting fewer rounds through your gun, you only need to clean with Selvyt's Jewelers Cloth (impregnated w/ Jewelers Rouge) and buff dry with the Pro Polishing cloth. It maintains the exterior of my SS, blued and CCH (Color Case Hardened) SA firearms in immaculate condition, and the last process is relatively quick. I use non abrasive cotton gloves when cleaning all my firearms to eliminate finger prints best I can. Their also available at SelvytUSA. If you're looking for the best price on "Renaissance Wax", $25.50 for 200 ml (7 oz) including shipping in No. America, check out Restorer Supplies at: restorersupplies.com. Hopefully this more detailed explanation was helpful.
Shadow SD

Last edited by The Shadow; 05-17-2010 at 03:18 AM.