View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 12:54 AM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbeans View Post
I am of the school that you start with a single stage press and go on from there. You can sell everything within a few days if you decided you didn't like it. Turnover for well cared for equipment is very rapid in this state..
I started with an old lee loader in 1971 for my model 27 that I bought at the old oshmann's sporting good store at the El Con Mall for 10 dollars. Three weeks later I bought a lee mould and sizing kit for 15 dollars. I then assembled at least 6000 to 7000 rounds for that single revolver. It was a lot of work but I was able to develop my shooting skill with that simple set up.
+1 on the single stage. I started with the Rockchuck Kit and have loaded thousands of rds...each one indiviually inspected. Also, read the manual that comes with it..I try and steer away from loads on the internet..never can tell how much one has had to drink while posting. Don't forget a good inertia bullet puller for the mistakes that will come to pass. And don't ever hesitate to ask questions, whether here or other sites, just cross reference everything....plan on saving a ton of money. I also cast my own now and a round now costs around .06 per shot which equals 3.00 a box!! Good Luck