View Single Post

Old 05-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Liked 52 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcelect View Post
Hey los
You wrote "Perhaps the assembly and subsequent shipping of sequential s/n Centennials was breached..? I think an accurate reference will eventually be established as more owners chime in with their handguns in the coming weeks and months.... " which is a true statment! However it is also a wrong statement! Mr. Jinks has stated many times that the factory did not manufacture nor ship guns in ANY serial number sequential order. I have been tracking serial number/ship date data for a couple years now to be used in a research project on Sun Burst boxes. I have four serial numbers of pre 40 and pre 42 models which exemplify Mr Jinks statement;
#3647 - pre 42 - Dec 1957
#3651 - pre 42 - Jun 1954
#3933 - pre 40 - Nov 1954
#5062 - pre 40 - Nov 1954
Thank you Malysh for providing #3651 however it will not be used in my research as I only use numbers form the boxes!

SWCA#LM723
Thank You, Sir.

You've provided valuable information that brings much needed clarity to the Thread. I appreciate that. I'll revise the TL to reflect the data.

I'm hopeful that the Time Line will eventually accumulate enough [accurate] information for it to be utilized as a useful reference.

If anything, it should at least provide a good estimation on shipping dates and fully document any and all factory changes that took place, in chronological order.

Do you have any data regarding production numbers from year to year?

Last edited by los; 05-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.