View Single Post

Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgolfer29 View Post
My original intent was to add the T-Grip even before I received the gun. With the T-Grip are the fingers that grip it crammed under the trigger guard?

Now the rest of the story. When I took possession of the 40 it had lots of handling marks, finger prints, oil, etc.., so I went ahead and cleaned it. I used Hopps #9 to run through the barrel and cylinder holes. Obviously, not thinking clearly I rubbed the side plates with the Hopps to clean off oily residue. This particular model has the shiney blued finish. The finish is no longer shiney, I'm very distraught !!

Based on what others have posted, I'm going shortly to get some non-abrasive wax to try and bring back the shine.

Any thoughts ???

thanks,
Joe
Joe
unless you have big meaty hands the T-grip is perfect for these guns. I added mine for the same reason, it helps in disengaging the grip safety.
Go to wally world and get you a can of Johnson's Paste Wax (~$5.00) clean all of the Hoppe's residue off the gun, you might try scalding hot water, and wax the gun like you would a car. Apply the wax and let it haze over, then wipe off with a clean soft cloth. The shine will come back.