View Single Post

Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait View Post
Laser grips are not the be all, end all solution for every scenario but they are an important feature for any home defense or low light personal defense weapon. You must understand there limitations however. They rely on batteries, get on a schedule of replacing the batteries about every 6 months whether you think they need it or not. Buy quality brand, fresh batteries. Teach yourself not to key the laser until ready to shoot. They can give away your position. Do not let them become a crutch. Practice with your metalic sights.
Hmmm, I agree with checking/changing out your batteries in a proactive/preventative manner. However, I do not agree with turning off the laser, especially when carrying. The batteries are drained only when the laser is activitated. CTC claims 4 hrs of laser "on" time. I'm guessing that is conservative and it's more like 5 to 6 hrs. When I'm carrying, I always keep the laser in the "on" position. If I need to pull and point, and God forbid, fire, I don't want to think about turning it on, nor do I want to waist valuable time needed to turn it on, even if that "only" takes a second or two. As long as the batteries are maintained/fresh, per your recommendation, I don't see a need to turn it off.