View Single Post

Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 PM

Liked 1,473 Times in 755 Posts

A little story on that very thing....While flying to Chicago for a subject wanted by the State of Missouri 1986 I was unfortunate enough to be a victim of a plane crash in the Dan Ryan Woods. Two Chicago Cops got me to Christ Hospital in 28 minutes. Long recovery 10 operations in critical care for a month...One year later thank GOD I went back to work...Presiding Judge flew to Chicago the evening f the crash to check on my condition and while there the CPD sent my shield, gun, and jacket, out to the hospital, they said if they logged it in it would have to be engraved with a (property) or evidence number number. The Judge talked to the Lt. and at that time the Sgt. that pulled me out of a tree., He told them are you kidding he will kill somebody if he lives. They said in my semi conscious state I had told one of the doctors, when he mentioned that they would cut off my brand new M.L. Leddy boots. I mumbled I'll kill the *** that cuts off my boots...I of course remember none of this and had a hard time believing anything at the time.....Don't mess with a good gun, or a pair of handmade boots. Thanks Lt. Freyer, and Sgt Cornfield for my life and my pistol (no engraved numbers), and my hand made boots. Lt. Ken Freyer RIP, and Commander Bob Cornfield ret. You are the best.......