View Single Post

Old 05-28-2010, 06:29 AM

Liked 145 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
can tolerate the recoil, then go for it.

When this gun came out in 2003 I broke my shooting hand. I was out of work for 6 weeks. That's when I went down and dropped nearly 900 bucks for the first model.

The cast came off and I was told to get back to work. The hand was still sore, and I just wanted to try out that big gun. I was working up full power 44 magnum loads and could shoot them fine.

I figured I was good to go. I grabbed the 400gn Corbon loads that I purchased with the gun and headed off to the range. No one has even seen such a beast and I didn't know what to expect.

I loaded it up and fired 1 shot. That gun hurt my hand so bad I nearly dropped the revolver! I fired one shot and drove home thinking I broke the hand again...

When I got home, the hand felt better, no damage. I realized what I did. I was so concerned about the recoil, I locked my elbow and wrist, so when the gun recoiled, it just drove straight back and jammed all the joints in my arm. The hand was sore anyway's, which didn't help.

To shoot this gun, keep a firm grip but keep your elbow slightly bent. With this shooting stance the elbow will act like a shock absorber. No jammed joints!! That's my tip in shooting it.