View Single Post

Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 10mm bear defense

No stopping power data I've seen concurs with your statement that some stopping power situations require solids. I've only seen people who claim to have experienced it, but they probably didn't document scientifically what really caused the animal to stop, All the scientifically documented data I've seen suggests that stopping power is an amalgamation of factors, and not suggesting that it requires solids, if by solids you mean, a bullet with no expansion, in fact, it's not even legal in some states to hunt with.... most kinds of what I'd say are solids, because of the poor performance, the question is.. have you read this thread? politely asking of course.. because I lay out the skinny, and it's pretty good, *pats self on back* even though you don't appreciate the intense research invested... I bet, you will benefit from my suggestions listed preceeding this comment... Or, tell us what you mean by solids, and what you measured to be true regarding their performance or what others have measured, i'm not talking about, ... "I once could saw, that a grizzle bar, was taken down by a RN .38 Special to the roof of ees mouth" come on...

Last edited by somecomeget; 05-31-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: yes