View Single Post

Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 10mm bear defense

I prize my G20, I am completely confident in it, I have shot so many rounds of ammunition through it that I know that firearms capabilities, I have owned about three of them, I sometimes carry two of them, I have shot Federal, Hornady, Cor-Bon, Hydra Shok, Gold Dot, Hi Shok, I have been elk hunting many o times with it, and I guarantee you, that firearm, will rock when it comes time, and it will go bang when you most sincerely need it to, I had it when I encountered those bears, which have never even so much as bothered me with a sniff, realistically, but I had it. I carry it, I love it, I trust it, and Mr. Bear will meet it, if Mr. Bear wants some. I do however possess a little more skill than the average person, so I'd probably operate a little smarter, making it work. Besides, I'm a hunter, I generally try to see them first anyway. So, for someone like me, it's adequate; for someone who is not outdoors oriented, what would work? Maybe Nothing. It's a skill not a tool that makes you win. Besides I carry a rifle when I hunt. I carry my G20 for Lions, mostly, because lions are more dangerous than bears where I'm from and things that go roar in the night whatever animal gets nasty. I have night sights. Does that revolver have night sights? I didn't think so. The way I'd defend myself from a bear is with intelligence, not just a big stick. The 10mm is a backup, self defense tool, that is there even when your rifle may not be, and the Magnum revolver you are talking about is so heavy, who'd carry it, 24-7? I did go look at a .460 not too long ago, it was $1100 dollars for a revolver, and it was so heavy, when I tried to aim it, I could only hold it on target for a very short time before the weight alone toasted my upper body strength. Then on top of that, it is SOO... loud and kicks so hard that no-one enjoys practicing with it, it's horrible. Now for a woman, it's almost just not even an option.