Thread: Model 19-2
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Honea View Post
The combo Roguard and NP3 finish on steel autos is referred to by Robar as the Norton Special. The revolver is all NP3 including all internal parts,with exception of the rear sight which remains black. The $230 price sounds about right.
Surprised it hasn't increased since then.

As far as wear is concerned,lots of carry and draws from a holster may make some contact points a little shinier over time,but nothing that would result in real finish wear in the accepted definition of the term. This finish is tough! It is not a shiny finish,and not exactly a matte finish,it's somewhere in between. I'm sure that continuous use of kydex might leave some kind of marks on the finish but it wouldn't wear through or take the finish off. I'm still old fahioned enough that I still prefer good boned leather,even though I have some polymer pistols. I still shoot this weapon a lot,even tho I only carry it occasionally. It has saved my bacon and there's a sentimental attachment for it,and it's still an excellant defense gun,IMO.

Of course, the inside of the barrel is not touched by the refinishing.
I think the prices may have gone up...I was looking at their latest finish NP3 Plus. If you can get a gun refinished and get improved feel too...that's a good thing. I would love to see more pics of that refinished 19. On this PDF link which one of these did you purchase? Ton's of options and services here to choose from. What about the chambers...are they coated? It may just be the one pic you posted but it has a high quality powder coated look. You say the exterior surface's are slick like teflon? Did they have to strip the blueing first....surface prep charge?

http://www.robarguns.com/Robar%20Pri...ril%202010.pdf

Tech23