View Single Post

Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

Liked 52 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
I notice my trigger on my compact 45 is a bit gritty too.
How do you do that trigger job.. I would love to see a tutorial or even a typed out explination..... thanks in advance.
S&W M&P Trigger Job

It can all be found there. And you do not have to go near as extreme as they do in the .pdf. Nor do you have to go as extreme as the Apex parts. Small changes to the sear can make huge changes. A clean up to the striker safety button can help with the grit. Mine was like butter through the first 500 rounds. Then the darn gritty **** showed up. I honestly think S&W goes out of it's way to put magic grit in there poly pistol trigger actions.

Once you study the sear, striker and trigger transfer link and understand how they all work. You will think "O-SNAP!!!!!"

A buddy of mine gave me some OEM M&P .45 sear parts to have around just in case I ever need to send the pistol in. But I never send them back to the mother ship. Lets face it. If I shoot out a barrel. There not expensive. Extractors wth I can purchase one of those to keep my pistol running.

What can I say. I'm the guy that would just soon sign papers and drop out of life time warranty's and get the product cheaper. Let the folks that want it pay for it. I except full responsibility for my purchase's after I walk out the door with them. I would much prefer a 1 to 3 year warranty. Than the Obama Care approach.