Thread: K22 Outdoorsman
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlovingirl View Post
Hey guys, those are two gorgeous Outdoorsmans! I don't believe I've ever seen any nicer ones. The bluing is exceptional! Even the boxes are in great shape! I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but may I ask what kind of value you both would place on those?

Hello Gunlovinggirl
I have to be honest with you, I never really thought about what Value my Outdoorsman is. It came to me by a bad stroke of Luck. The owner of it ahead of me, had been stricken hard by the Katrina storm. It tore his roof off his house and he shared with me that was the only reason he would have considered getting rid of it. At that time being 1999 he had a price of $1300.00 on it. I was not offended with his price and spotted it prior to the gun show opening to the general public as I was set up there myself.

I asked him if he would be inclined to a swap offer ? He said he would have to see what I had to offer so I sped home and grabbed a Refinished K-22 Model 17-2 I had that had a real nice Nickel refinish on it, and a model 19-4 Nickel plated 4" Barrel full target .357 Magnum K-Frame revolver that was unfired in it's box. I sat down a few minutes before returning to the show, and laid the flitz to both of them so they looked stunning. I took them both to his table and asked how about a swap of Two for one today ? He felt it was a good trade, so home the Outdoorsman came.

Actual cash wise, I had $700.00 total in the two revolver's I swapped to him, so I felt it was even a Better trade for me. These have taken a rise in price the past few years as all classic S&W's have, and current prices of them seem's to be around the $1800.00-$2000.00 Mark as a complete package. I would never consider selling or Trading mine as they are too hard to find in this condition, unless of course a better one came along, of which I have not seen in the past 11 Years...