View Single Post

Old 06-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,332 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Hello redwagon32
I noticed in the under barrel picture that there is an over strike of the guns original serial number being the last number now being the number 6 over the original serial number strike being 9. That would certainly indicate the guns barrel may have been replaced or worked on, but it does not make sense that the factory would over stamp a serial number like that over the original one?

I know the Other K-22 shown in bright blue finish is supposed to be from 1948 as well, But it was my Impression that all 1948 Guns came out of the factory with the new Four Line address instead of the single line address that supposedly ended in 1947.

According to MR Jinks's serial number sequece for 1948 of the K-Frame serial stamped in 1948 being - K-18732--K-73121 your revolver certainly falls into that area and I surmise it shipped in Possibly February or March of that year due to high production back then, so perhaps your's and Phil's gun's were left over 1947 frames that got serial stamped and sent out in 1948 still having the One line address..

I guess at this point ,only a $50.00 Factory letter would tell how yours left the factory, but the mystery still remains of just why it has it's under Barrel serial number Over struck with a different number, Than the Guns Original serial number ?

Last edited by Hammerdown; 06-23-2010 at 06:00 AM.