View Single Post

Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

What? A thread with NO PICTURES?

I'll fix that!

BTW, I bought this nice LDA 14.45 Limited because I love shooting my Smith revolvers double action in matches.

1. It is very accurate
2. It WAS very unreliable
3. It is now VERY reliable

When I read the dedicated forums at a 1911 forum it seems that no other maker's forum has a 10th the level of complaints as does Para's.

I attribute some of the Para's bad rep to new magazines that need a little attention. That's all that was wrong with mine. I disassembled 'em, smoothed 'em out and my FTF's went away.

Then again . . . I've read some horror stories that I have no doubt are true.

One thing's for sure, their used and resale prices are really low, which motivated me to take a chance on this one. In that regard, I think of used Chrysler cars such as a Sebring convertible vs. the same year Toyota Solara convertibles . . . the resale price falls to about half the Toyota . . . but if you can find a good one that works and is reliable . . . and hope to keep it forever . . .

If this one turns into an incredible "keeper," I'll probably get it refinished to resemble my old, 1st generation Colt Combat Elite. Replacing that shiny black Para's PAINT job with a Royal Blue job . . . and replacing that rusty-smelling cheap frame finish with Hard Chrome would make a great looking gun indeed!

Time will tell.