View Single Post

Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 AM

Liked 73 Times in 28 Posts

Wow my thoughts exactly.I didnt know there were that many others who had the same ideas about collecting/shooting as I did:~)

For the OP, if your not in a big hurry to sell it you might think of listing it with one of the large reputable auction houses. I think you would get fair market value without having to deal with the unsavory type you run into selling it yourself. If It was mine the first thing I would probably do is list it on Gunbroker with a high reserve and see what happens. You might get surprised, find the right collector and strike a deal. Good luck with whatever way you decide to go, thats a great gun for sure!
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14 View Post
I agree, but I am sure the owner has other ideas.

Back to the OP and topic, it sounds like you would have more fun converting the 1950 into money and using that to fund your primary interests.

I have similar feelings about weapons I don't think I should shoot. They are delightful, but for me, eventually become a burden. I rarely find anything special, but when I do find something nice that is worth preserving, I turn it over to someone who really wants it and use the funds for "shooting irons."

Having said all that, I do enjoy the fact that there are collectors out there who do hang on to these nice examples and keep them tidy, for display. It's a treat to see them, and of course the sharing of knowledge associated with the guns is wonderful, too. It's just that my "shooting" interests have always overpowered the others.

Good luck with finding a proper home for your gun, should you decide to do it.