View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Liked 48,850 Times in 9,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
Yes, it is the 1954, 8th Edition of Gun Digest. Also has info on the newly released Centennial Model, holster info featuring Berns & Martin an three-persons by Myers as well as the catalog pages with models and prices.

With a 1954 vintage .357 Magnum.
To take this thread sideways for just a moment, it is interesting to me that the .22./32 Target Revolver was still in the catalog in the early to mid 1950s. That looks like what we would call the transitional model, and the transitional kit gun is right beside it. I guess info about the Model of 1953 had not yet made it to the marketing deparment when this catalog was pasted up.

Sure wish I could find one of those postwar transitional .22/32 target guns at a reasonable price. Or find one at all, for that matter. .
Actually, they were not still in the S&W catalog.

The Gun Digest was notorious for not updating catalog sections for manufacturers and showing outdated data years after it was obsolete.

The Kit Gun and 22/32 Target were only updated in 53, and the lead time for publishing simply precluded showing the latest forms for those guns.