View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts

With the exchange of messages I've had with The Gila Bender, I think I've found a good home for this handgun. I decided to sell it through the forum simply because I figured it would go to a person who would really appreciate it. I really didn't know what to ask for it, either, and I knew everyone on the Forum would give me an honest evaluation. This is the first time I've ever done a gun sale on the internet. I sell guns so seldom, it is almost an event worth noting on my calendar. I usually buy and never sell.

In the 13 years I've lived in Juneau, I've been absolutely AMAZED at the guns that come through this town. Most have had the living ba-jeepers used out of them, but every now and then something like this 1950 Military comes along. When I saw it, you could have knocked me over with a feather! I was in the gun shop when the guy walked in to sell it to the owner. The shop owner knows I love Smith & Wessons, and he knew he had me as soon as he looked at my face. He made a good profit, but I thought I did OK on it when I bought it. It is too nice for a shooter, however, so I'm happy to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it.